Thursday, April 25, 2013

2 Months (And 3 Days) In Chile

Hola todos,

It is so crazy to think that I have been here in Chile for more than 60 days! I have done and learned so much in these 60 days and have enjoyed my entire time here so far. My Spanish is picking up quite a bit, so much that I actually have Chilean friends now, who are willing to talk to me. I have gotten to know Santiago well at this point, and I could most likely know what metro to take to get to a certain place. School has been going well, I met a friend in my class, who turns out to actually be in one of my other classes too. Thank goodness because those are the two classes that are most difficult. I had my first exam yesterday, in "The History of Chile and of America." I had to write 4 pages on the Incan empire and what factors determined their southern border. It was a pretty good essay if I do say so myself, but we'll see what the professor thinks!
I am beginning a volunteer position this Monday, in which I will be taking care of the street dogs, which I am very excited about! I have been keeping busy here experiencing the country whether its going to the Santa Lucia flea market on the weekend, going to a concert, or just going for a walk. I am happy about this because how else is someone going to experience a culture of a place if they're not immersing themselves?
I have traveled a bit, though I want to travel a lot more. I am currently beginning to plan my trip of traveling around South America for the 5-6 weeks I have after school ends and before my plane ride back. Right now, I'm aiming for Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, and maybe Bolivia and Peru. But this might be over ambitious.
My apartment is still very nice and comfortable. I completely feel at home here. The neighborhood is an absolutely wonderful place to live; one of the nicest in the city, hands down. It is so safe.
I am having such a wonderful time here and am so happy I have another 4 months!!


At the top of Cerro San Cristobal with an overlook of Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment