Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In Chile and Need Clothing? Ha, That's Too Bad.

Hola todos,

Today, after my classes, I decided to go shopping to buy some winter stuff, etc. My friend told me about a place that was kind of a higher class flea market, so I decided to try and find it. Well, I never found it, so instead I went to a store called "Paris." This store is the store here and apparently is very cheap. I looked at the shoes first, then the clothing. Ha! First of all, it was all ridiculously expensive. As in, a shirt that could be found in the U.S. for $10 was at least $25 here. Imagine clothing that is $30 in the U.S.! Also, the clothing isn't very nice/ attractive. There were maybe three things that caught my eye. And they were all expensive.
Maybe this is the snob New Yorker in me speaking, but I was looking at clothing and if I looked at a piece of clothing that was unattractive, I let go of it as if it were scolding hot and was making a face of disgust while doing so. After doing this several times, I actually realized what I was doing, and laughed to myself, then stopped. Wow, I thought, these poor Chileans have no options of clothing/ cheap clothing! But, as I said, that may be the snob New Yorker in me speaking.
My shopping experience does get worse. When I found some clothing that was acceptable and not too expensive, I got my size and went to try them on. In the U.S. I am a solid size Medium. I must've forgotten that I am a giant here, because all of the clothing was super tight or just didn't fit! For that reason, I gave up and left.
It was quite a failure of a shopping trip. Looks like I am going to have to find a better place to shop!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well.... except for shopping! You'll have to keep looking for the original place. AH

    ReplyDelete