Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Have Become A Colonial Dutch Boy

Hola todos,

Okay, so if you're in Chile and need a haircut, do not let anyone persuade you to get one. Just wait until you get back to your own country. My hair is usually just completely straight across, maybe a little angled in the front, but nothing much. Knowing this, you're thinking, okay, it's easy to cut her hair. And you are correct, it is easy, and I only needed a trim. I figured that, it wouldn't matter where I went, I mean you'd think that if a person works at any hair salon, they should know how to cut hair in a straight line. Well, you are incredibly incorrect.
After class yesterday, I went to a place to get a US$15 haircut. Good deal right? Considering a trim in NY is more or less $80. My hair was 2/3 of the way down my neck, and I asked the hairdresser to cut it to a little below the chin. Easy enough, yes? Well, no. She cut it to that length, but it was uneven, so she had to cut it a little more, then it was still uneven, and she had to cut even more. Now my hair comes up to my bottom lip. She also decided to unevenly cut my side bang too short, and now 1/3 of my forehead is showing. They are even too short to have as full bangs across my entire forehead. Seeing this when I got home, was a sad sad event in my life. And the first thing I thought when I saw my face was, Wow, I look like a brunette 5 year old colonial Dutch boy... Yay.
I went out that night because I had already said yes, and naturally I couldn't put my hair back because it's too short to become a pony tail, so instead I used 5 bobby pins to at least pin my too short bangs back. There was nothing I could really do about my hair. Even worse, all the earrings I own now seem too big because a lot of them dangle. Now, they are longer than my hair. My friends decided to be nice and say I looked fine, but I knew they looked at me and wanted to know if I had asked the hairdresser for a Dutch boy haircut.
This is a tragic event, but luckily hair does grow, so in one month, I'll become a girl again.

Anna "Dutch Boy" Talarico


2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this is so funny! I'm sure you look adorable though.
    BTW, a haircut in NYC is about $120
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! The same type of thing happened to me a couple months ago and it cost much more! Arggggh! Very upsetting but, I figured I need to let it go. I don't think my hair grows as fast as yours tho! :(
    Love, AH

    ReplyDelete