Monday, April 1, 2013

A Weekend At The Beach

Hola todos,

All is well here in Chile. This weekend, I went, with one of my friends, Aly, down to Viña del Mar. Viña del Mar is a nice little beach town about an hour and a half to the coast from Santiago. She lived there and went to school in the neighboring town, Valparaiso during January. Because of this, she knew people and we were able to stay with a friend. We left early Saturday morning at 8AM. When we got there, we put our stuff down, and ate a small brunch. It was cloudy and chilly, but we figured it would clear up and get warmer as the day went on. Therefore, we went down to the beach. The only thing I really wanted for the weekend was sand and sun. I need some color! Though it did warm up a bit, we really only had about 15 minutes of good sun. I still fell asleep on the beach, but still wearing my shirt and shorts. Oh well for both days of sun. We then met up with 3 of her friends and went for a walk together to view the area. It really is a pretty place. Much more relaxed than Santiago. It represents a solid beach town.
Later, we went out for dinner. I demanded we get ceviche, so we went to a restaurant and though it was expensive, we still shared a bowl of ceviche. Eh. Disappointing, considering we are right next to the ocean. But, I'm still happy we went out for it. After that, we actually got dinner. We didn't want to spend money so we went and got Chorillana which is french fries covered with pieces of hotdog and chicken covered in carmelized onions with a fried egg over the top. When it came out, me heart said to me, Anna, I am preparing to go into cardiac arrest. But, it was good.
That night we went to Aly's favorite discoteca in Valparaiso. It had four different floors with different music on each. I met her friends and it was great fun. The next day was Easter. It was very nice of her friend that we were staying with to invite us to have Easter lunch with him and his family. Before this lunch, we returned to the beach, but it was cloudy, cold, and drizzling, so not a good day to lie on the beach. But, Easter lunch was very nice. After, at about 5PM, we got a ride back to Santiago with his aunt and uncle.
I had a nice weekend and am so happy I saw Viña del Mar. A little disappointing though that I did not get to lie on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Now you know a great beach to go to when it IS nice. Sounds like a fun weekend! AH

    ReplyDelete