Monday, April 8, 2013

A Weekend of All Kinds

Hola todos,

This weekend was absolutely wonderful, and each day was quite different.
Thursday night, (kind of the weekend since I don't have class on Friday) I went to meet up with this girl I met while I was organizing my Chilean ID named Mary. We met near her house where I met her friends, Hilary and Emily, and her host sister. We went to a party at Pontifica Universidad Catolica de Chile (La Catolica). It was in the middle of an outside courtyard of the Central University Campus. I met some Chileans, and got to know these girls. They are apart of a program called CIEE. It was a fun night.
Friday, the usuals and I went to a plaza to eat. I got ceviche! And it was quite good. (Better than the one I had in Valpo.) Afterwards, we went over Laurel's house and met up with some other friends there.
Saturday, during the day, I went to an artisanal market called Santa Lucia, where I bought some jewelry, a purse, and other Chilean products. It was such a nice market filled with wonderful things, and it was quite huge too! I must go back there.
Saturday night, we celebrated Ignacio because he's such a great friend and has helped us a lot so far. We went to a bar near my house and then, 4 other people met up with us all of whom are in CIEE. I requested a ticket for Lollapalooza (a music festival) which took place at Parque O'Higgins this past weekend. The person, Addison met me, with Emily (the girl I met Thursday night), and two others named Casey and Patrick. It was a fun night and I got to know some of the CIEE kids better.
Sunday, was the best of all the days though. I woke up at 12 to head to Lollapalooza with my new friends, Emily, Casey and another girl named Paige. I also met up with two of Aly's friends that I met in Valpo! The first artist we saw when we got there was Keane. (They're known for the song "Somewhere Only We Know") and they were great. Afterwards, we went on to see Foul (I didn't know who they were). We then saw Franz Ferdinand (They're known for the song "Take Me Out." We saw Porter Richardson (House Music) then Dead Mau5 (House Music). Dead Mau5 is quite popular in the U.S. and apparently very much so in Chile too. It's funny because I saw DeadMau5 in Albany, and now in Santiago! We came upon other bands, and last but not least, for the final show, we saw The Black Keys! They were really great, a good band to finish the festival with. I was there for almost 10 hours, and one would think that I'd be worn out, but I really could've gone Saturday too if I had been able to. It was so much fun and I'm so lucky I got to go in Santiago!
Below are pictures of Lollapalooza:

Franz Ferdinand concert
Dead Mau5 concert

The logo of the music festival

No comments:

Post a Comment