Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Starvation! It's Disease! No, It's Just Rain.

Hola todos,

Today and yesterday, it has been raining gatos and perros (cats and dogs)! Because of all of the strikes that are going on at my university, I haven't had class, but listen to this, because of the rain, school was cancelled for everyone today. I watched the news yesterday, and seriously, if a person were watching this without understanding it, they would think that the apocalypse were coming. Everyone is panicking and no one knows what to do!!!!
I can't help but laugh at this, I mean, really Santiago? Snow, okay, I can understand that. But it's just a rain storm.
Sadly I have a cold (not because of the rain, I got it during the weekend). I guess it is an opportune time to get sick, I mean, the weather's horrible so I am not missing anything. Plus, there is probably complete anarchy occurring outside. Instead of experiencing the end of Santiago myself, I get to watch all the rain coming down from my window inside. As I said, being sick is not the worst thing in the world right now.
Let's hope the rain doesn't keep up because the entire city might be evacuated. (I say this in a joking way, hopefully).

1 comment: