Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

Hola todos,

Throughout my blog, I have talked a few times about fashion and shoes here in Chile. At first, I was very opposed to wearing heels, or even buying shoes here because they seemed expensive.However, in the past few weeks, that has all changed.
I like shoes because, as opposed to clothing, shoes will pretty much always fit you, when you've become a full-grown adult. One can always gain or lose weight, but feet pretty much always stay the same. Therefore, shoes are the easiest and most reliable thing to buy.
Since I have been in Chile, I have bought, ten pairs of shoes!! And before you think, wow that's a lot of money, it's actually not really because all of the shoes I have bought are strangely cheap, as in, at most US$15.These shoes include, two pairs of high heeled sandals (one pair wedges, one pair heel), two pairs of high heeled booties (small boots), two pairs of boots, three pairs of tennis/ Keds-type shoes, and one pair of slip-on shoes. Crazy right?!
As seen by this list, almost half of these shoes are heels, meaning I have started wearing heels during weekends, or dressing up. Surprisingly, I actually enjoy wearing them, even if my feet hurt the entire time and next day. Eh, being beautiful can hurt. I am not sure if I will be buying any more shoes here during my trip, but, I will say in my defense that I completely under packed coming here, so my suitcase won't be bulging with new shoes. But, that's subject to change I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment