Monday, May 6, 2013

The Best Sales Pitch I've Ever Gotten

Hola todos,

Yesterday, I went to an artisanal market called Los Dominicos. They have a lot of cultural things such as jewelry, clothing, art, pottery, etc. I wanted to buy some things and figured it would be a great place to buy some Chilean things.
In Chile, they have a lot of lithium mines, and copper mines. The lithium has nothing to do with the market, just a side note. As I walked around, I noticed all the copper. It was all so beautiful. I never realized how much I love copper. It is a gorgeous color, and not to toot my own horn, but it looks very nice with my complexion.
I went to a few jewelry "shops" and bought some earrings, bracelets, and a ring. This one place I went to, where I bought this gorgeous copper ring, that I'm wearing right now, I talked to the owner about copper. He told me that copper is good for your health. I'm sure you're thinking, yeah right. I was too. But then, he took out several articles about how wearing copper helps fights bacteria and other reasons. The reason why, I am not sure. He told me he was wearing copper socks, (as in a thin layer of copper on the bottom). I thought it was strange that wearing earrings would make a difference, but I guess the contact the body has with it, absorbs some of it?
After hearing all of this, I thought to myself, well jeez. It would be stupid if I didn't buy some copper and wear it. I ended up buying a ring and a pair of earrings. I now feel that I should wear some piece of copper on me at all times. I'm thinking the ring makes the most sense. Who knows, maybe I'll never get sick again.
Is that not the most persuasive proof a sales man could ever have?

Here's article about copper and it's effects on the body:

http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/minerals/health-benefits-of-copper.html

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I read "copper" I got very excited! I love copper too and it WOULD look great on you. I think it looks good on me as well. I started looking for more of it when I went to Arizona several years ago. Not a lot there. Then in Alaska, I thought there would be lots. Wrong! I did find some earrings by an artist but, that was pretty much it. Buy whatever you can because there is not much available here.
    You have my permission to buy me a bracelet or earrings. I will happily pay you for them.
    AH
    BTW.... I can't figure out how to post these other than anonymous. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete