Friday, May 31, 2013

Chilean Television

Hola todos,

Since I have been here, I haven't watched much TV. However, since I have been sick the past 3 days, I've been catching up on some of my TV watching. Overall, it is TV just like in the US, however, I was very very very surprised when I was watching a movie and there was a nude scene and I mean, nude scene. Never ever in the U.S.!! And, a more shocking moment, they actually cursed on a show! Not like "Oh darn!" or "Crap!" But, actual swear words. I was so suprised!
But all of that aside, the TV is typical here, some programs dubbed into Spanish and others with sub-titles. I am assuming everyone has seen a dubbed movie. They can be so funny! Especially English movies dubbed in Spanish. I feel as if the Spanish actors just add so much more feeling into everything. For example, in the undubbed English movie: "Are you going out tonight?" in dubbed Spanish movie: Ay!! My friend! Are you going out tonight?!?" Very entertaining. Also, dubbed shows such as "The Simpsons" (it's called "Los Simpson" here) is funny because the voices are completely different than the actual Simpson characters.
Regardless, I realized that I should watch more TV here because it is very helpful for my Spanish. I am able to hear them speak, and sub-titles help me see the English to Spanish translation.
Who would've thought it would be encouraged to watch TV? "Ay ya yai!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment