Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Farewell To My Besties

Hola todos,

Since my trip is coming to its end, many farewells are occurring and will for the next few weeks. But, the biggest and probably saddest farewell was last night, to my besties, Micaela and Arantxa. I would say that of all the people here, I became closest to them, and will, no doubt, be in touch with them when I return to the U.S. They leave for the U.S. when I'm in Buenos Aires.
To celebrate our goodbye, we all went out for dinner; even though I was sick and Arantxa has to write like a 1,000 page paper, as per usual. We met on Avenida Tobalaba and went to a restaurant. I justified going out while having a cold, by getting super citrusy ceviche, which was very good. We then, ended up staying there for over 3 hours just talking! We talked about the trip and funny things that happened... Pretty much everything that happened with us on this trip was funny. We made plans for me to come to Wellesley, where they both go to school, which is in Boston. It's not like it's that far from me.
Although it was a farewell, it was a good farewell and I doubt my stay in Chile would be as great as it has been without them!
When I think of Chile and Micaela, what will come to mind? Tobalaba, Combinacion a Linea 4.... Baquedano, Combinacion a Linea 5. Those are the metro connection stops. Because she rode the metro all the time, she mimicked the robotic over-head voice well. Therefore, whenever I was on the metro and passed those stops, I quietly laughed to myself.
When I think of Chile and Arantxa, what will come to mind? First of all how she second handed-ly forced me to wake up every other Wednesday at 8:45AM to go to the Middlebury class, that she had decided to suggest that we have at 9:15AM. I will never forgive her. Second of all, my entire experience at University of Chile. Considering we had class together... but never had class, we pretty much had the same experience of university in Chile... I.e. strikes.
But, those are just a few of the things that stand out most when I think of Micaela and Arantxa. There are so many wonderful memories with them that I will never, ever forget!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to add two friends to your widening circle. It sounds like you guys had a lot of great times together.

    ReplyDelete