Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Oh Argentina, You And Your Airports

Hola todos,

As mentioned in my previous blog, we were originally meant to go to Iguazú on the 10th, but the flight was cancelled. Here's what happened. 
After going to the hospital and getting my medications, we took a taxi to one of the airports called Aeroparque. When we arrived at 2PM for our 4PM flight with Areolineas Argentinas, inside at the check-in area, there was a swarm of about 500 people all just gathered there in no order. I said that I felt like we were at an airport in Cuba or Puerto Rico and all the scene lacked was chickens running around. Jason and I looked at each other with dread. We assumed that it was because it was Independence Day, and winter vacation. I, being an aggressive New Yorker, went to the front of whatever "line" existed to figure out what was going on. They basically pushed everyone from one line to the other, Iguazú flight 1734 at number 19.... Iguazú flight 1734 to number 10, number 17 etc. Finally we made to it to whichever check-in but they were checking-in the passengers of 1736, the flight before us. After waiting a while and asking the workers there several times what was going on, a man shouted through a microphone that around twenty flights were cancelled. Of course, ours being mentioned as like the 18th. The most annoying part about this was that the man at the check-in had asked me if we were on flight 1736, and I wish I had lied and said yes, maybe we could've gotten on it. Instead, we got on the Areolineas Argentinas company line to try and reschedule one. They just handed us a slip of paper with a phone number on it. We left all annoyed, considering we had just wasted two and a half hours in an airport, whose system had crashed!
After that experience, I understood why people were saying that Argentina is a mess right now!

The crowd of people at the airport

Even more crowd

Jason's I'm-not-happy-to-be-here face

No comments:

Post a Comment