Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meat, Wine, And...Leopards?

Hola todos,

Being in Argentina for over a week, I have been able to grasp the fashion here and what's "in." And what's in? Leopard print!! What? I am not a huge fan of animal print, I do however have one zebra print shirt, solely because it was free and is flattering. Otherwise, I just don't get the whole hype. However, it is quite the opposite here. There is leopard print... everywhere! Leopard print bags, pants, shirts, coats, scarves, lingerie, shoes!
While Jason and I have been walking around Buenos Aires, and Iguazú, we have seen leopard print at every store. Seriously, not seeing leopard print at a store is shocking.
Along with leopard print, bright red is in fashion. The worst thing I have seen, fashion wise, thus far, is bright red platform shoes with patches of leopard print. Why?? But, although I don't like this whole trend, I do want to buy some leopard print. I mean, how else would I remember Buenos Aires/Argentina? When I was in Iguazú, I found a pair of sun glasses rimmed with leopard print, but sadly, then I scratched them and can't be used anymore. While I was there however, I saw a pair of pants in the window of a store, and, oh my. I of course then found a leopard print shirt and sweater. It was... priceless. I have pictures and when I return to Santiago, I will upload them.
Anyway, I was thinking I'd buy a leopard print scarf. That's simple, not too expensive, and not too strange. What does everyone think? Who knows, maybe when I return to the U.S., I will have dyed my hair leopard print, wearing a leopard print dress and leopard print heels. Hopefully, that won't happen though.
The fashion here is great and the people are absolutely stunning, but, I'm just not so sure about the whole leopard print thing.
Leopard lingerie!

A full body suit of leopard

...Just a picture of a leopard on the street

This is a complete joke. We found this clothing at a store. The pants.... Those pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment