Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shall We Tango?

Hola todos,

Well I have returned to Santiago. But, I will discuss that later. For now, since I have a computer and can actually write, I will go back in time and tell you all more about Buenos Aires.

A few weeks ago, two people that Jason and I had met in Iguazu, my Swedish friend, Johan, and I went to a tango show! (Sadly, Jason was sick.) It was a dinner and tango show so when we arrived, the four of us were seated and given an appetizer and wine (of course). We then had another appetizer and while we were being served our main course, (I got chicken covered in a creamy sauce with chopped almonds over it, so good) the show started. It was about an hour long, and it included beautiful men and women dressed in elegant clothing dancing across the stage. The dance is so complex and the couples body's have to be extremely in tune with the other so that they don't fall/trip over the other. There were scenes of a man and/or woman coming out on stage singing a song representing the tango dance, they too were wearing beautiful clothing. During this, we got dessert (ice cream in a thin bowl cone), and watched even more dancing.
It was so elegant and beautiful and we were in awe as to how in sync they were with their partner. Although it is said that these shows are touristy and are gussied up to dazzle us, it completely worked. I was dazzled. I think that after seeing that I could say that I had done something that I had to do while in Argentina. Tango is the most ethnic and popular dance in Argentina and it wouldn't be the same seeing it anywhere else. So beautiful!
The dancers

A singer

The band

Johan and me

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! And delicious food too. How many performers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe 6 in total. And then the two singers.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete