Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Am So Sick... Of Being Sick

Hola todos,

As noted in my previous blog(s), I have a cold. Of course I have a cold. I mean this is the worst timing to have a cold. Of course I'd have a cold.  Originally, I started off having a cough and a stuffy nose. I can deal with that. Lack of smell and taste of food, oh well. But, it's not as if I want these problems, so as I mentioned, I started to take a medication, Trio-Val, to get rid of the sickness. Well of course, it didn't help. And now I have a sore throat.
There is absolutely nothing I hate more than having a sore throat. If the sore throat subject comes up in conversation (often), I mention that I would rather throw up 100 times before I have to deal with a sore throat. Why you ask? Because when you have a sore throat, you can't swallow without feeling pain; therefore you can't eat without feeling pain... or drink. Of course I'm not stupid and do know that drinking water is worth the pain of a sore throat. I mean as much as I hate sore throats, I would prefer it over death. Falling asleep is bad too, since there is nothing to distract you, you are fully conscious of your sore throat. But, when you throw up, you throw up and then it's over with.
Anyways, as you have gathered from my rant, I hate having a sore throat. And that my friends, is what I have. A runny nose, a sore throat, and a cough. Any other week, I'd say, "Fine. I was due for a cold anyway." But not this week. No siree.Why? I'm going to Buenos Aires, a trip I have been planning for weeks, early on Monday. There is no way I will allow my body to be sick during these travels.
Normally, I'm the type of person who allows the cold to happen and let my immune system figure it out. I have learned that that is stupid, considering the last time I did that, it turned into Bronchitis, but that's a whole other story. However, this time I didn't think twice about whether I should choose to let my cold run its course, or get medication. I'm medicating the heck out of this cold! Therefore, today, when I got the sore throat, I went to the farmacia, and basically said, "Just give me something. Anything. Please." (Notice the word basically in the previous sentence.) The pharmacist gave me these little sugar-balls that dissolve under your tongue for the congestion, and a remedy for the sore throat. I then bought some Vitamin-C pills, and some honey and lemon cough lozenges. Then I went to the Fruteria and Verduleria (Fruit and Vegetable store) and bought 6 oranges, 2 kiwis, and a green pepper. All of these are apparently very high in Vitamin-C. I knew I was desperate when I succumbed to buying a green pepper. I really don't like green peppers. But, vale la pena (worth it).
I am currently eating an orange and taking vitamin-C.  If this cold progresses... I don't even know. Ah! Have I mentioned I hate having a sore throat??

No comments:

Post a Comment