Friday, July 5, 2013

Thank Goodness It's Nothing Serious!

Hola todos,

As I have complained several times, you all know that it is winter and cold here, meaning perfect weather for a cold. I went to the farmacia after a museum trip with my class (that's making up for our lost classes). At the farmacia, my friend and the doctor talked about what I should take (shockingly I didn't learn about medical conditions and medications in Spanish 101). They both agreed upon a medication called Trio-Val. However, as much as I trust a pharmacist, he might not know what is actually wrong with me, and then he'd end up giving me something to cure a foot fungus which would do reverse damage and they would have to cut off my feet. In order to not risk that, I called my host mom and asked her opinion. She said Trio-Val was the best option. I got home to read the directions so I could start taking them the next day. Well, thank goodness it wasn't any serious sickness. I could not understand the directions. Naturally, there were no English directions so I tried to Google the medication, but no luck there. At that point I'm like... well should I just assume what I'm supposed to do? Obviously not. Therefore, I waited for my host mom to get back and then asked her. Thankfully she can read Spanish directions. I wasn't far off from my assumption of how to take the medication.
But still, what kind of company doesn't have the directions in other languages??

No comments:

Post a Comment