Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Five Months in South America

Hola todos,

I know this blog post is quite overdue, but I will write it anyway. On the 22nd of July, I had been in South America for five months! This is interesting because in all of my previous blogs about each month mark, it was always, x amount of months in Santiago, but in the past month I have broadened the trip and was in other countries. I am leaving in about two weeks, which I am not thinking about, and I feel that this is my last blog of the list of each month and how it has been. That is probably the saddest part about this blog post specifically. This blog post kind of represents the ending of my trip, but I won't talk about that because it depresses me.
This month was fun because I was able to experience such a different part of South America and although I absolutely love Santiago/Chile, Argentina was very refreshing and I fell in love with it. On the 22nd, I had been there for about two weeks, and I had visited Iguazu and Buenos Aires, two of places that I was determined to see during my trip here. That is why month number five stands out. Therefore, when I think of month five, I will think of Argentina; not the fact that my "classes" had ended nor saying goodbye to everyone. Although as seen in my blogs that was very sad, I guess this is okay then. It's sad that I had to say goodbye to Buenos Aires, but when thinking of month number five, I don't think about the last part of the way I had experienced Santiago, but the fact that a whole new wonderful part of my travels had begun. A part that included beautiful waterfalls, gorgeous weather, a nice tan, and then museums, breath-taking buildings, spectacular food and beautiful people upon numerous other things.
So, month five was a great month.

No comments:

Post a Comment