Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sunday Street Fair In San Telmo

Hola todos,

One of the most popular experiences in Buenos Aires, is the Sunday street fair in San Telmo. San Telmo is a beautiful neighborhood with statues and like most of Buenos Aires, beautiful old buildings. We went at around 2 since it closes at around 8. It was crazy, because we ended up running into a man and woman we met in Iguazú! We first watched a performance of dancing. Some dance I´m not sure what it´s called, and another Colombian-style dance.
Afterwards, we had a quick brunch, we both got omelettes, and then continued to the market. The market was gigantic! It went on farther than the eye could see. I bought some unique-Argentine things and another pair of leopard sunglasses because, a tragedy or all tragedies, my other ones were scratched. Half-way through, it started to rain, so we took a break at a nice heated cafe. We continued on a while longer and when everything was beginning to look the same and it was getting darker, we turned around and went to a different area that was serving Colombian-style food. We weren´t hungry, but w still looked at it all with interest. Afterwards, we walked a little ways from the market and saw the Casa Rosada lit up. Speechless. I looked at it, and it was so beautiful, I wanted to cry. It, obviously, is a pink house, and there were magenta lights on it, increasing the pinkness of it. This is why I love Buenos Aires.
A performance at the beginning of the fair

Casa Rosada by day

The Fair

How do I look?.. I decided against them.

Casa Rosada by night

A church in the San Telmo area

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at pix of Casa Rosada. Yowzers! It is bonita. I think it must be terra cotta, but haven't read up. Must be some great buildings there.

    ReplyDelete