Friday, July 26, 2013

One of The Many Things I Have Learned In South America

Hola todos,

I know I have been writing and writing about how much I love South America, and I do. But, if there is one thing that gets on my nerves, it is that you cannot rely on anyone! I have talked to so many people here; asked for directions, opinions on places, how long it will take to get somewhere, yet people still do not understand the whole idea of the truth/fact.
Excuse me, how do I get to the Obelisk?... Umm, take a left. I go to the left, not to the left. Excuse me, how do I get to the Obelisk?... Umm, take a right. I go to the right, not a right. Where is it? Several blocks behind me!
How many hours will it take to get to Montevideo? Umm, 4 hours. Umm, 2 hours. Umm, 1 hour.
Nothing is certain and everyone decides to put their own spin on things. Why? Do they not know that there is something called a fact/ the truth? Ah, I love South America and all, but occurrences like these make me want to strangle them all!
This is what I shall not miss about South America.

No comments:

Post a Comment