Sunday, August 11, 2013

Easter Island Days 1 And 2

Hola todos,

Although I sat (laid) in First Class on my way there, I was still tired when arriving. Therefore, when I arrived, I met a guy that was staying at the hostel with me so we went to the hostel called Kona Tau, put our stuff down and then walked to the water. We saw a few moai and were in awe (little did I know how many moai I would see the next few days).
We then went and had a tuna and cheese empanada to eat which the size of my head and very good. The rest of the day, I laid in the grass by the water and basked in the sun. Then, I went back to the hostel and went out for dinner with a girl in my hostel room named Mariska who is from The Netherlands. I got ceviche and a piña colada. Very tropical of me. We then headed back, chatted, and I went to sleep early. The next morning I was planning on going to the beach.
I woke up the next morning at around 9AM to eat breakfast and go to the beach, but it was raining, which I was secretly okay with because then I didn't have to get out of bed, so I slept until 1:30PM. That was wonderful. For the rest of the day, I sat outside reading a book since it was pretty rainy.
That night, Mariska, three Brits and I went to something called Kari Kari which is a tribal dance show. The indigenous dress up in tribal clothing and dance to music. They even brought gringos onto the stage who of course couldn't dance and awkwardly moved around. I hid in the shadows of the chairs when they were getting people. But one of the not so lucky Brits was pulled up. Quite funny.
Afterwards, we returned to the hostel and I made myself some pasta. Then I got dressed, and then we all went out to a place called Pea. There, we danced and chatted, it was fun.
Over all the first two days were fun and I felt like I made friends fast! The next day, Mariska, the Brits and I were going to go for a bike ride.

A statue

A moai and me trying to imitate it. I'm a tourist, what can I say?

Kari Kari



The dancers
Andy dancing like a true gringo

The chief

No comments:

Post a Comment