Friday, August 23, 2013

Ten Days Back In The U.S.

Hola todos,

As of today, I have been back in the U.S. for ten days! Ah, so strange! Last weekend, we went to the Hamptons to visit friends of the family... Don't worry, Long Island hasn't changed. It was nice to lie on the beach and go into water that wouldn't freeze you to death. I also got some more color and the awkward tan on my chest is disappearing.
This week, I went into the city a few times, went clothes shopping (yay! So in need of clothing), and unpacked, then packed for school. This was both easy and hard because all of my stuff had been packed coming back from Chile so one would think that that would be easy, just put them in the car and continue to Albany, but no because I needed things I didn't have and had things I didn't need in my suitcases, therefore, I unpacked and packed at the same time. Who would've thought that that was possible?
It has been nice to be back in Irvington, but I am ready to go school. Not necessarily that I want to go back to school, but just want to be busy and see people. I'm actually not excited for school at all.
It is so strange to think that I have been out of Chile for ten days already. Weirdly enough, I actually haven't felt super upset. When I first got back, I told myself to not think about it. Just go with the flow and do the things I need/want to do here. And, maybe I'm in denial about leaving Chile, even after ten days, but I'm not thinking about it until my mind is ready. I'm sure the sadness will come soon enough. But I can tell you all this much: I would much rather be in South America than going to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment