Saturday, August 3, 2013

My Spanish... What Are You Even Saying

Hola todos,

As you all know, from me expressing this countless times, the Spanish in Chile is weird and irregular and if you can understand it here, you can understand it anywhere. Sadly, I have picked up the Chilean accent.
So you´re thinking, well that´s not the worst thing that could happen, it´s cool to have an accent from a country in South America.... No.
Just because I have a Chilean accent, doesn´t mean that I´ve lost my American accent, therefore not only is it hard to understand my Chilean accent, but it´s twice as bad because of my American accent as well. Here in Chile, they luckily can at least understand my Chilean accent, but in the U.S., similarly in Argentina, people are going to have no idea what I am saying! My Spanish is going to be a lose lose for everyone. Oh well, at least my Spanish is getting better regardless of my pronunciation and accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment