Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School

Hola todos,

Today was my first day of classes. Eh. My first class was Portuguese which was 201, it was a class higher than the level I would've taken after 100 (101). But I thought, why not see how it is? Oh my goodness, it felt like I was in a class in Japanese. I was telling my friend that it was just like the movies how the poor student (myself) is sitting in class and the professor comes in class speaking the language rapidly and the student wondering what was going on. Luckily I know the professor and she told me that I had to take 101 before 201. Thank goodness anyway because I would have died. I stayed anyway for the class and yeah, I knew nothing. We were partnered up to ask about our summer and I kind of just looked at the person... And then just started to speak Spanish hoping she'd understand me. Haha. I thought to myself, okay of all language that I would be thinking in that isn't English is Spanish. Let's not push it now.
The next class was Latin American Cinema which is interesting. The next class was a little strange, but hey, at least I have one class set in stone! I hadn't realized how much of a pain senior year is. You have to take specific classes to satisfy your major... but it is not that easy. Trust me.
Either way, the first day wasn't terrible but I would so much rather be in South America. Luckily though one of my roommates is Puerto Rican and speaks Spanish so we can talk together. (All my roommates are really nice. Our room consists of Alba, the Puerto Rican, Jayme who is white, Tanasia who is African American and myself. I tell people all we need is an Asian and we'd be a perfect representation of diversity for SUNY Albany.)
I do miss South America and wish I were back. But, I know I will get into the groove of things here and not feel sad about being in the U.S. versus South America. I just don't know when.
I will write again in the next few days to let you all know about my classes tomorrow, but sadly, very sadly, my blog is soon coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment