Saturday, August 3, 2013

Empanadas Here, Empanadas There

Hola todos,

I really hope that most of you know what am empanada is, and have tried one. If not, go find a place to get one and eat it. They are heaven on Earth. They are a Latino food and therefore they are sold everywhere down here. I ate a good amount of them in Chile, but similar to all other foods, the ones in Argentina were better. And thankfully, there were empanada stores everywhere. When we wanted something to eat and felt lazy, we would go get an empanada. I mean, they´re not the healthiest, but there are worse things and were pretty cheap. I cannot count the number of times that I had an empanada for breakfast. (The empanadas I speak of are about as wide as a fist but half as thick. (Small ones.))
During the last week or so, Johan and I decided to go to a different empanada place than the usual one, which was right across the street from the hostel. We tried a great deal of different kinds, but our original thought was to try every single one of them. There were about 25 and at this point I had about 2 days left, so we figured, Ok, we will eat 13 a day. Since it is two of us, we can share them. Therefore, we have to eat about 2 for breakfast, 2 for lunch, and 2 for dinner each and then split each one. However, we were planning on going to the Tenedor Libre, so it didn´t work out. When I return to Buenos Aires, this will be my first priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment