Friday, June 7, 2013

Anismos

Hola todos,

Some of you may know that I am quite creative. Being in Chile hasn't stunted that. I have come to create my own words. I have named this idea of creating my own words, Anismos (Anna modismos (slang)). I have compiled a list.
My favorite of all the words is akwardo (pronounced uh- KWARD- o) hopefully you can tell that that means awkward. In the Spanish language, I have tried and tried to find a translation of the word awkward, but there is not one. The closest I have gotten to solving this is the word incomodo, which means uncomfortable. Not the same.
The next ones are just words, phrases and acronyms I have created when needed.
ADM (Ay Dios Mio)- the same meaning of OMG (Oh My God)
Lameo- lame
Esnapo- snap, as in a rebuttal to an insult
SB (Solamente Bromeando)- the same meaning as JK (Just Kidding), literally means only joking
Te tengo- I got you, I understand you. Literally mean I have you
Yo gano- I win. In a situation where I got lucky, achieved something great etc. Ironically not said when I actually win something, a trophy for example.

Others are still forming so the list will keep growing. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to write my own book by the end of the trip: "Anismos, A New Language Has Emerged"

3 comments:

  1. Anna, I have enjoyed these posts so much! It's wonderful that you volunteer at the dog shelter -- always so much needed. Every bit of attention they get is good. We have my brothers dogs here this weekend, as well as our own. Lots of barking out the window.

    I liked your earlier comment "Under packing is over rated." You are so clever with the turn of a phrase! And it's so true! Your writing cracks me up! Is clothing there inexpensive? Interesting? Colorful? Different?

    Your blogs have inspired me to begin blogging on my website (www.SunriseGuidedVisualizations.com ) because apparently blogging is a big draw. And, like you, I like to write - such a fun activity! I will get that started this week, if my boss at my day job doesn't give me entirely too much busy-work to do. (Last week we took all the underlining off the headings of 20 memos. Then she didn't like it -- and we put all the underlining back in. Such a meaningful job!)

    Espero que mi Espanol es mas y mas mejor. Todos las lecciones hablan acerca de cervesa! "Me gusta cervesa! Cuanto cuesta una cervesa! Usted bebe demasiado!"

    Tenga alegria! - Amy in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I do enjoy writing, especially about something that I want to write about. Yes, the clothing here is very expensive! The main brand stores aren't that unique or different, however at the flea markets, the clothing is great and unique and ethnic and colorful.
      I'm so flattered that I have caused you to start your own blog! I will definitely start reading it.
      Your Spanish is doing very well; you are learning the most important phrases!!

      Saludos
      Anna

      Delete
    2. What's this about cervesas??

      Delete