Wednesday, June 19, 2013

¡Hace Frio!

Hola todos,

When I first arrived in Chile, the weather was so warm and so wonderful! It was freezing cold and snowy in New York, and it was at least 80 degrees and sunny here. However, that has all changed. I have been here for almost 4 months (wow!) and in these 4 months, it has basically become winter. Meanwhile in NY it´s spring. I am currently sitting in the library in the Faculty of Physics with my jacket on, and am freezing. My hands might break off any moment now. While on the computer, I sent some e-mails concerning next semester at Albany. When I signed on to albany.edu, it says the weather. What is it there in Albany? 70 degrees! What is it here? 54 degrees. And I know, that´s not terrible, but the previous wonderful weather has spoiled me. I was so used to absolutely beautiful warm days. Now, it´s still sunny 90% of the time, but not warm.
Thinking back on November and how cold it was in NY and warm it was here, it is so strange that as July is approaching, it will only be getting colder. What kind of parellel universe am I living in?! Oh right, the southern hemisphere. Right about now, I think Karma´s kicking me because of how jealous I made everyone when I was here in February. It´s your turn to brag New York.
However, at least there is not smog touching the ground like the Chileans said there would be. And I know it´s not going to get as cold as New York at any point; that´s a little reassuring. Oh well, looks like my next trip will be to Hawaii or the Caribbean where it´s always warm.

1 comment:

  1. It is supposed to go up to 90 today. The fireflies are out, the garden is thriving, and maybe the beach this weekend??

    ReplyDelete