Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Little Puppies

Hola todos,

Recently, I started volunteering at a dog shelter. I thought it was going to be terrible because I was going to cry myself to sleep every night, but thankfully, I do enjoy it. However, it is quite sad. I go as often as possible, usually four times a week. When I go, I walk the dogs in the little area, and I have learned that yes, they enjoy leaving their little kennels and stretching their little legs, but they more so enjoy exploring the area. What dog peed where and all those different smells. They also like to be pet. I have a usual routine of taking out my favorite dogs, and then I take out as many others as possible. The next time I go, I want to bring my camera and take pictures of my favorites and then show them to all of you. For this reason, I will not go into details in describing them and what their names are quite yet.
Every dog enjoys a good petting. After I take them for a few spins around the area, the dog and I will sit on a bench together and they will get a sufficient petting. They are so adorable and love it so much. I mean, who wouldn't like to be pet?
The dogs are all adorable and I want to adopt them all. Seriously. I do know that when I leave permanently I will most likely cry. I am not looking forward to that. That is going to be the moment that I realize it was a huge mistake to volunteer at a dog shelter during my time in Chile.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but to help them is so important! In and of itself. To bring light into the life of another being - and especially a dog, who appreciates it so much! You are doing so well!

    A nuestra casa, cortamos el cesped porque la Ciudad de Kirtland nos envio una carta mala. Nuestro cesped fue 75 centimetros alta. Pero ahora es normal. Nuestros vecinos no le gustan yo y Miguel. Ah, bueno...

    All the best! - Amy in Ohio

    ReplyDelete