Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Haven't Been In The U.S. For 104 Days

Hola todos,

Thinking I have been here for over 3 months, it feels like a long time. But over 100 days? That sounds like I've been here for forever! Now, thus far I can say that I haven't really missed the U.S. in any way. When I was in Ecuador, I was there for 9 months and don't recall ever really wanting to return to the U.S.
However, there are some things I do miss about the U.S. and here is a list.
1. Salt and Vinegar chips. I miss them so much. My daily diet does not feel complete. I miss the Troyer Farms once that are only in upstate NY (very tragic), and Cape Cod chips. But, for that matter, I don't think I have ever met a Salt and Vinegar chip that I have not liked. I think I could write an entire blog about the ideal Salt and Vinegar chip. But I shall spare you all.
2. Pretzels. Along with Salt and Vinegar chips, I feel incomplete without my sufficient supply of pretzels. (I found pretzels here, maybe the most exciting moment since I've been here, though they weren't anything great. But, I'll take what I can get.) I miss Snyder's pretzels, especially the Buffalo Wing ones!!
3. New York City everything bagels (usually toasted) with lox, tomato and cream cheese. I don't think I have seen any bagels here. Very tragic.
4. Microwavable kettle corn. As my mom knows, when I am home, I enjoy sitting on the couch at 11PM to watch Seinfeld and eat microwaved kettle corn. However, I haven't really seen any popcorn. For that matter, I also haven't seen any Seinfeld.
5. Now, moving on from foods, I miss the clothing I did not bring with me. Mind you, I can't recall what clothing I have back home, but I am so sick of these clothes that I have here that any clothing would be better. Under packing is over rated.
6. Cheddar! That's my cat. I miss him so much, just cuddling and squeezing him. I'm not sure if he misses me, but under his I-don't-care-about-anyone appearance, he probably misses me.

I guess those are the 6 things I miss most. But, based on that list, as much as I do consider Salt and Vinegar chips very important to me, I don't miss anything too important (besides Cheddar of course). I will remain on the search for a Salt and Vinegar chip for the next few months. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you miss me? What about Cheddar? He will be very hurt when I tell him he was left off your list.

    ReplyDelete