Sunday, June 30, 2013

My First Final Grade

Hola todos,

As you all know, classes pretty much didn't exist this semester for me. I am dreading going back to school in the U.S. and actually going to class... Wait, why are there no strikes? That's going to be the biggest culture shock when I return. Regardless, I still get grades of the "work" that I have done. For my "Artistic Discourses and Political Forms" class, I received my grades and final grade!
Here, they have a different grading scale. In the U.S. we have percentages and A to F grading systems. Here however is 1 through 7. (A 7 is an A, 4 is a C and 3 is an F) Well, for this class, I had four assignments: a one-page essay about an art museum, a short presentation on three paintings and our perception of them, a 5 page essay (the telenovela one), and another presentation. On the one-page essay, I got a 7.0, the short presentation a 6.5, the essay a 7.0 (I couldn't believe it!) and the presentation a 7.0. In total, I got a 6.8 which is equivalent to a 97%!!!! I would like to add that ironically, those grades are better than the ones I get in the U.S., where English as opposed to Spanish is spoken.
So so proud of myself; we'll see how I do in the other 4 classes! As of right now, I am writing my final paper for the program's class. It is an at least 10 page paper about the culture of the Mapuche people (the indigenous tribe).
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    And good luck getting your paper finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Sweetie!
    Love, AH

    ReplyDelete