Monday, June 3, 2013

Traveling South America

Hola todos,

I have created a rough draft of what I want to do when I finish school here in Santiago. Here is a map of my plans for traveling for a month and a week.
The above map is my as-of-now plan. I will be starting in Santiago, and then taking a plane to Asuncion, Paraguay. I do not plan on staying there too long, more so I am landing there because it is the closest airport to Iguazu (the place with the wonderful waterfalls). The yellow line represents the flight to Asuncion. I will then travel by bus not far at all to get to Iguazu. I will spend a few days there and then go onto Rio De Janeiro, this is represented by the green line. The thing I am unsure of though is whether I should go to Brasilia. It is pretty much the same distance from Asuncion, and I do have plenty of time. Therefore, I would go to Brasilia and then to Rio De Janeiro and continue. After Rio De Janeiro, I will stop in Sao Paulo because not only do I have a friend there, but it's completely on the way. This is represented with the orange line. Afterwards, with the representation of the purple line, I will travel down the coast of Brazil to Montevideo. I figure I will keep this part of the trip very flexible. I know that I try and organize things too much in which it is too ideal to actually happen. Therefore, I will leave room for flexibility. (If I want to spend en extra day in Sao Paulo for example). After Montevideo, I will go to Buenos Aires (thank goodness) and spend some time there. I am then thinking of going to Cordoba. But again, that depends on how much time I have. If not, I will stop in Mendoza from Buenos Aires to Santiago again in order to avoid being on the bus for such a long time.  I will then return on the 10th or 11th of August and leave back for the U.S. on the 13th. 
I hope this trip doesn't seem too idealistic. I completely cut out Peru even though I really wanted to go, but that would definitely be too much. What does everyone think?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds incredible! What about Salta?? :)

    ReplyDelete