Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Am A Travel Girl, A Travel Travel Girl

Hola todos,

As mentioned in my previous blog, I am forming my plans for traveling after I am done with everything here. And these are my plans thus far!
I have to present my final project for the program on July 5th and then I will be done with everything I have to do here. Afterwards, I will have one day to get organized and do any last things for my trip. My friend, Jason, and I will be taking a bus to Buenos Aires on the 7th. So that we don't have to be on the bus for 23 hours straight, I was intelligent and decided we would stop in Mendoza. Mendoza is on the way to Buenos Aires, about 9 hours from Santiago. It will then be another 14 hours to Buenos Aires. We figure we'll be taking a night bus to Mendoza (always the best option because then we will pass the time with sleep.) We will then arrive to Mendoza in the early morning. We'll spend the day in Mendoza and then take another night bus to Buenos Aires, arriving there in the early morning of the 9th.
When we arrive, we'll have the entire day to organize what we want to do because on the 10th, we take a 4:30PM plane to Iguazu! While there, we will explore Iguazu and then maybe go to Asuncion, Paraguay. They're very close by. But, that trip's not certain. We return to B.A. on the 16th. We will spend the week in B.A./ surrounding area/ Montevideo/ Uruguay for a week and then he will return to Santiago for his flight back to the U.S. which is on the 25th. This is the part that is definite.
Then, I will either stay in B.A. longer, go up to Cordoba or another part of Argentina, explore Uruguay, or go back to Santiago with him. The  reason I would go back to Santiago at that date is if I decide to go to Easter Island. I figure that, how many times will I ever have the opportunity to go to Easter Island? It's not the type of place where you would travel from your home to just go there. Therefore, while in Chile, why not? But, but, not sure. The only other reason I would go back to Santiago is if I wanted to travel somewhere in Chile. However, right now, I think that if I do return to Santiago, it will only be if I decide to go to Easter Island.
I then leave back for the U.S. on August 13th. Sounds great, right? I was going to go to Brazil, but I would have to get a visa, which would be a huge huge pain, and especially if I'm not 100% sure if I could make it there, it's wouldn't be worth it. Also, a friend told me that Brazil is so big that you could spend three months just seeing Brazil. Therefore, I figured when I go to Brazil, I'll do it right and spend not just a few weeks there.
So exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment