Tuesday, June 18, 2013

GOOOOLL!!! GOOOOLL!!!

Hola todos,

Last week, I went to my first Chile soccer game! It was against Bolivia. I went with a Chilean friend named Hernan, who got lucky and won two tickets! Usually the tickets range from $20 to $80.  At 7:30PM we went to the stadium which is about a half hour south of my house. The place was bustling with Chileans buying things, talking, and finding their seats.  The game began at 8.
After the anthem and the introduction of the players, the game began. It was so funny because when Bolivia did something well, the fans chanted insults upon insults. Though, when Chile had the ball, they often chanted, Chi-chi-chi le-le-le. Viva Chile! Which I consider represents Chile (versus the national anthem).
It  was a very boisterous crowd. But, would anything different be expected?
Within the first 20 minutes, Chile scored two goals! It was awesome to not only see the goal itself, but the reaction of the entire stadium as they jumped up and cheered. For most of the game is was 2-0 and then Bolivia scored a goal, which didn't go over well with the fans. However, towards the end of the game, we scored another goal! We won 3-1. It was so much fun and am very happy I got to go to a soccer game down here considering how popular soccer is in not only Chile, but South America too.

Guess what colors the Chilean team colors are?
Introduction of players

View from the stadium


Hernan bought me a hat! I fit in more.

No comments:

Post a Comment