Sunday, June 23, 2013

The First Day of Sum-- Winter

Hola todos,

A few days ago was, normally for me, the first day of summer! Knowing it was June 21st, my first thought was, Yay! It's summer. But then I realized. I am in Chile, therefore the southern hemisphere, therefore it's the first day of winter. No! While, you northern hemisphere people are enjoying the first few days of summer, I am stuck, in the beginning of winter. As I wrote in a previous blog, this is pay back for escaping New York's winter. I guess I can't completely outsmart Mother Nature. But no worries, I will be returning to a warm New York. It's just sad to know that it is steadily getting warmer there while it is steadily getting colder here. Oh well! Hopefully I'll be gone before the real cold winter weather comes.

1 comment:

  1. Was the 21st a short day? Like the first day of winter here? We have a summer solstice party here every year (if we can) and watch the sunset. It usually sets close to 9 and the sky is light well past 10. This year it got cloudy just before sunset so we all went home. :(
    Hope you enjoy your winter there.
    Love,
    Aunt Heidi

    ReplyDelete